WordPress is one of the most popular and widely used Content Management Systems (CMS) today. It has been used by thousands of people all over the world to build websites, blogs and other web applications. WordPress is free and open source software which you can use to create your own website or blog.
The first version of WordPress was released in 2003. Since then it has been upgraded several times and is now available in over 40 languages. In 2008, WordPress passed the 10 million unique monthly visitors mark and continues to grow at a fast pace.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open source content management system which helps you to easily create and manage a website or blog. It allows you to create your own website or publish articles online without having to know any HTML or programming language. You just have to write and publish your articles.
The WordPress content management system is based on PHP and MySQL. PHP is a server side scripting language while MySQL is a relational database management system. The combination of PHP and MySQL enables you to create dynamic and interactive web pages.
How to Install WordPress?
Installing WordPress is very easy. First, you need to download the latest version of WordPress from the official website. Once you have downloaded it, you can install WordPress on your local computer. There are two ways to do this. One is to use the built-in automatic installer provided by WordPress. This method will install WordPress automatically and you don’t have to worry about setting up the database or installing plugins. The second way is to manually install WordPress on your local computer using the steps provided below:
1. Go to your local computer and open your web browser.
2. Enter the following URL into your web browser’s address bar:
- After entering the URL, click on the “Download WordPress” link.
- Once the download completes, you will be asked to choose a file type for the installation. Click on the file type that you want to use. For example, if you want to install WordPress on your local computer, select the zip file.
- A zip file will be downloaded to your local computer.
- Extract the zip file to get a folder containing the files.
- Copy the contents of the extracted folder to your local computer.
- Open the folder on your local computer.
- Find the file called wp-admin.php. Double click on this file to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the installation process.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
- Open your web browser again.
- Enter the following URL into the address bar:
- Click on the “Dashboard” link on the left side menu.
- Click on the “Add New” button.
- Enter the name of your new blog.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button.
- Log in to your new blog.
- Click on the “Appearance” tab.
- Click on the “Customize” button.
- Select the theme you want to use for your blog.
- Click on the “Install Theme” button.
- The theme will be installed on your blog.
- Click on the “Install Plugins” button.
- Select the plugins you want to install.
- Click on the “Install Now” button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Click on the “Save Options” button.
- Click on the “Activate Plugin” button.
- Your new blog is now ready!